Outfits Based On Songs

Hey lovelies! I hope everyone is rocking their Monday, I know I'm not I've just been so tired lately and fighting a bit of a headache. But you just gotta get going am I right? Anyway, as you can probably tell, I redid the blog webpage a little *throws confetti*. It's actually the first time I've given the blog a makeover since...well since I created it. I was never really in love with how the site looked before, feeling it was a bit too clunky and not very fashionable and I am so much happier with this! What do you guys think of the update? Let me know in the comments.

Okay, onto today's post. I, like practically everyone on planet Earth like music(shocking I know). I actually have a lot of different taste in music. From old time big band sounds from the 40's-60's like Frank Sintra, Elvis Presley, and Bobby Darrin, to emo punk rock like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco, to more poppy hits like Taylor Swift. I also love love love LOVE musicals. Though lately I've been fallen into a musical runt listening to really only three albums:

  • The Hamilton Soundtrack (I've honest to God have only listened to Hamilton for almost three years now. I'm listening to it right now) 
  • Reputation from Taylor Swift (Like nonstop now) 
  • Folie a Duex from Fall Out Boy (Idk why everyone hates this album but everyone is wrong because it's bangers)
I love listening to music when I get ready or do outfit planning and went I'm listening to a song I can almost imagine the outfit and mood that goes with it. So, I decided to do a little outfit challenge and based some of my outfits after songs I really like. Some of the outfits are based off of the music video of that sound, and some are just kinda how the outfit makes me feel just like the song. I also took song suggested by my friends via Twitter.

So let's get started!






















Enchanted by Taylor Swift 

Oh classic long hair, Speak Now Taylor.  This is right in between her county and pop phase that oddly worked. I've been listening to Enchanted a lot lately, though I'm not sure why since I'm not in love with anyone lately. It's just a really sweet song. I picked this dress because it not only reminds me of the album cover but the dress (which I call my Midsummer Night Dream dress) kinda has that magic vibe that Taylor is singing about. Added with some pink sparkle shoes and BOOM wonderstuck.
Favorite lyric: This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

Irresistible by Fall Out Boy 
Omg I cannot fangirl enough about my feeling on this songs. Like all the lyrics are perfect and they express the exact feeling of loving someone even when they hurt you and you're pissed. I see a lot of red in this song (or maybe it's just my anger) so I added the skater skirt in the heels. I put on the Guns N Roses tank and the chocker for the very punk vibe the song has. It's really the perfect outfit to wear if you're going out and you know your ex is going to be there "I didn't come for a fight but I will fight till the end And this one might be a battle, might not turn out okay You know you look so Seattle, but you feel so LA" 
Favorite Lyrics: The song is just so well written that it's hard for me to pick but my top two are: 
Too many war wounds and not enough wars
Too few rounds in the ring and not enough settled scores
Too many sharks, not enough blood in the waves
You know I give my love a f-f-four letter na-na-name
and 
I breathe you in, but, honey, I don't know what you're doing to me
Mon chéri, but the truth catches up with us eventually
Try to say live, live and let live
But I'm no good, good at lip service
Except when they're yours, mi amor
I'm coming for you and I'm making war

Hang on by X Ambassadors 
This song was suggested by one of my dear friends Kayla who suggested this song and quickly got me hooked. I picked a leather jacket and boots for the Indiana Jones vibe in the beginning of the song. I paired it with my Handmaid Tale shirt which translates to "Don't let the Bastards Grind you down" which I feel fits with the vibe of the song. 
Favorite Lyrics: When they throw you down a hole with the snakes and scorpions
When they got you in their evil grips with those ancient forces
When you're on the ropes, on the ropes


Blank Space by Taylor Swift 
Oh hey look, another Taylor Swift song because I can't help myself. I feel Blank Space on a spiritual level because it's me in every one of my relationships I ever had ever. Also the tongue and cheek making fun of herself is priceless Taylor. I'm also OBSESSED with the music video and it's my life ambitious to own all of the outfits she's wearing in the video. So far this is the closest I've come to one of the outfits, and honesty it's not too far from the mark. 
It's like we're twins. *sigh* someday 
Favorite Lyric: Screaming, crying, perfect storms
I can make all the tables turn
Rose garden filled with thorns
Keep you second guessing like
"Oh my God, who is she?"
I get drunk on jealousy
But you'll come back each time you leave
'Cause, darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream


L.A Devotee by Panic! At the Disco 
Honestly one of my favorite things about Panic! At the Disco is that they are constantly their sound but still keeping the fantastic lyrics.  This was kinda my first introduction to Panic! latest album when it first came out and I was hooked(because witch vibes). To me, the song feels very purple (if that makes any sense?) so I added the leather jacket and the boots, and the skater skirt because it's a very danceable song. And the chocker for occult vibes. In hindsight, I wish I added more witchy things to the outfit like cytrals and rings, but you get the idea. 
Favorite Lyrics: You got two black eyes from loving too hard
And a black car that matches your blackest soul
I wouldn't change ya, oh-oh
and
The black magic of Mulholland Drive
Swimming pools under desert skies
Drinking white wine in the blushing light
Just another LA Devotee

Meant to be (ft. Florida Georgia Line) by Bebe Rexha

Again this was another song recommendation, this time from Kat. I'm the biggest fan of modern country, but I did like the music video because I can kinda copy the one of the outfits the singer wears: finally shirt, corset, and necklace. I WISH I had the shoes from the video, but, alas, it has to go on my wishlist.
Favorite Lyrics: Cause I'm tired of the fake love, show me
what you're made of
Boy make me believe

So that's it folks! What did you think? Any song suggestions for the next time I do this? Or maybe do a whole album? Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to follow me on twitter @deathbydiamond and on Instagram at @sarcasm_in_heels 
Stay Stylin, 
Elle 

Comments

  1. Ooh, I'd love to see your take on an old Evanescence classic - like Going Under or Wake Me Up.

    I should do a version of this. I could pick three songs from radically different genres and put together a "look" for each. Should be easy enough - my wardrobe is nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg "Wake Me Up" was my middle school jam! Omg yes please do, it's really fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits