8 Upcoming 2018 Trends To Get Excited For

Hello, lovelies! How was everyone's weekend? Hopefully more exciting than mine haha.
Okay, so it's almost the end of January, which means we're that much closer to spring *throws confetti*, it also means we're getting all the new trend forecasts for 2018 *throws even more confetti*. Remember: "New year, new you" or, more importantly, "New trends, New Looks". Yeah, that sounds wayyyy better.

So here's some upcoming trends that I'm excited about!



Sparkles and Sequins 
(image from Google)
 Bling Bling Baby! Hello, my name is Elle and I'm a sparkle addict. Seriously I so excited that sparkles and other shiny thing are in, I already have my bedazzler out (yes I have a bedazzler, don't judge me!). The whole minimalist trend was cool and all but I prefer to have glitter embedded in every single aspect of my life.  It's practically in my DNA. Accessories your sparkles with shoes, jewelry or handbags. You can also play with sequins in skirts, or bedazzle your jeans and t-shirts. Just remember a little goes a long way.

Lavender/Ultra Violet 
(image from Google)
Pantone has announced it folks: UltraViolet is the color of the year! I honestly can not be more excited because, after Tiffiny Box Blue, this shade of purple is my favorite color. So this has to be my year. You're going to see a lot of variation of this shade throughout the year, especially in the spring where it will become lighter like a pastel lavender and then darker around the fall. This is also a really nice decoration color if your painting your room or moving into a new place this year. Also, I've been so tempted to dye my hair this color for monthssss and this is really pushing me haha.

Patterned Pants (houndstooth, gingham, plaid) 
(image from dollskill.com)

Yesss patterned pants! I love any kind of pant that strays from the classic solids. I am a huge fan of houndstooth and plaid and this is a perfect pop of fun to add to any cool graphic tank or business blazer.  Play around with this trend, it can work with almost anything and every situation.

Bold Florals 
(image from Google)

I've never been a HUGE of floral print, mainly because I've never been much a fan of pastels which is usually the color pattern of florals, but that's all changing as florals are coming in nice, deep jewel shades that really pop. I'm a fan folks.

Blazers 

If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times, everyone needs to own a blazer, ESPECIALLY if your working in a professional environment. Like if you are ever going to splurge money on any piece of clothing, let it be a blazer. The blazer I'm wearing in the photo I bought when I was 15, 15!!!! It's legit survived, high school, college, a variety of internship and jobs and looks just as good as when I bought it. None of the studs are gone! That's quality. The blazer was a gift from my parents, but it's from express and cost a $100 dollars, but's it's lasted eight years, and I wear it probably 4 times a month, probs more, so I got my monies worth and then some. Buy a blazer.

Vertical Stripe Shirt

Yes my loves, the 90's are back in style. I'm not a huge fan of the 90's or Vertical stripes in general, but this trend is less painful than the fanny packs, so it's a weird would-you-rather. This is a cool trend for menswear shirts and some professional blouses.

Mini Bags 
(image from Google Image)
You hear of the tote bag, the cross-over bag, but get ready for the mini big. Cross-over and itty bitty, it can fit...lipstick? Your ID? Maybe your phone? But hey, it's cute and perfect if you're going out and only want to carry the bare essentials.

Denim for Days 
(from Google Image)
Jeans are making a comeback folks and I am here for it. We're going to see denim popping up in everything so get ready. From gym wear to formal wear, to every single style, shape, and design, we're about to see denim for dayzzzzzzz.

That's it, folks! What 2018 trends are you ready for? Let me know in the comments! Don't forget to follow me on twitter at @deathbydiamond or on Instagram at @sarcarsm_in_heels

Stay Stylin',
Elle

Comments

  1. Alright! *cracks knuckles*

    Thing the first, I'm right there with you are sparkles - but I draw the line at sequins I think. I've had some sequined items before and having them anywhere near my skin just makes it kind of...crawl. BUT! I have some gorgeous shimmery and sparkly blouses and since they're so light-weight I'm thinking they'll be perfect for nights out this summer.

    Ultra Violet - yes! I was ecstatic when I moved in my new apartment last summer and discovered the walls were already a lovely shade of lavender. Didn't change a thing. Purple is my mom's favorite color and it took me a while to come around to it - but I'm quite a fan of lilacs and lavender shades now. But this "ultra" color has ME wanting to dye my hair too. I'm thinking I might bleach out the ends of my hair and have my natural auburn just kind of *fade* into a nice ultra violet color near the ends. Could be cool and maybe my office won't harangue me for it. :p

    Patterns and prints. Fabulous, especially if you mix them. I have a lot of colorful and printed trousers, but now....now I NEED to find me a sharp houndstooth skinny pant. NEED. I think I left the plaid back in my punk/goth days, but a toned down version could be nice too.

    Luckily, I'm all stocked up on blazers. I have 4 in regular rotation and my favorite is a Michael Kors boyfriend blazer that looks awesome with everything from casual shorts to a work dress. Yesss to blazers.

    The only trend I'm gonna have to personally nix is the denim. There's something about it...I just don't like the way it feels. Looks great on other people thought!

    Awesome roundup, Elle!

    https://on-th3-cusp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yasss to all of that. I love the idea about your hair, I think it would look so cool!

      Delete
  2. I love sparkly looks even though for myself I doubt the sparkly outfit pieces would survive long If I wore them regularly.
    I do love glitter eyeshadows. In fact the first eyeshadow I ever bought was a glitter eyeshadow in the colour Peacock Blue by Stagelight Cosmetics (stage makeup).
    When I read that you have been tempted to dye your hair a colour like "Ultra Violet" I remembered liking the purplish-blue colour of Katy Perry's hair (or was it a wig?) starting 43 seconds into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0BWlvnBmIEher music video "Wide Awake"
    I'm sure I'll like some of the shades of Ultra Violet in fashion pieces and lipsticks, though I wish Pantone would include bubble gum pink or Barbie pink among their choices for voting on. I wonder whether "Women's March Pink' should have been on the ballot as well?
    I'm loving the bold florals and the look of the outfit you styled your vintage blazer in!
    I'm still reeling from the fact that it's 2018, so the trends will most likely find me before I'm ready.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter eyeshadow for the win! And I love that Katy Perry video!

      Delete
  3. Oops - drat! I neglected to include the HTML for that link to Katy Perry's video where she had the blue-purple hair - here it is: Wide Awake | Katy Perry - YouTube

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits