Dressing by the decades (Part 2)

Hey loves! Thank you so much for all the feedback on the last blog post! You guys make my heart sing! Here's the dramatic conclusion to all last post, from the 70's-Today. Let's take a look back on all the stuff you probably lived through (and fashion choices you may or not have regretted). So lets take a flash back into fashion past.

70's fashion
Aw the 70's, a time of peace, love and making questionable choices. The 70's fashion style is making a compact in the last two years with no sign of stopping so this might be a good shopping list for now. And if you still aren't sure, just watch That 70's Show. 
-long flowing skirts
-bell bottoms
-short shorts 
-tight graphic tees
-pant suits 
-platform shoes 
-suede (so much suede)
-Denim (so much denim)  
-turtle necks
-fringe 
-high-waisted 
-overalls 
-peasant blouses 
-wide brim hats  
-bright colored prints. Earth tones


80's fashion 
MAJOR UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT I hate 80's fashion. Completely and utterly hate it. It hurts my soul. Let's just get through it.  
-big shoulder pads 
-big earrings 
-lace fingerless gloves
-parachute pants
-members old jacket 
-big hair 
-neon stilleto 
-acid wash jeans 
-tutu dresses
-high top sneakers 
-loud print leggings over oversized sweaters 
-scrunches 
-mohair sweater over the shoulder 
-annoying prints 
-leggings with annoying print 
-neon colors 

90's 
Only 90's kids remember the 90's fashion and as a fashion historian, I feel I must share that with all of you. Don't be Clueless when it comes to this fashions
-plaid, so much plaid 
-choker necklace 
-velvet 
-overalls 
-bandannas
-Birkenstock
-cozy knit croptop
-shirt wrapped around the waist 
-matchy matchy set (think clueless)
-body piercing 
-exercise wear
-mom jeans 
-doc martins 
-baby doll dresses
-slip dresses
-tights 
-Mary janes 
-colors neon or dark 


00's 
As a little "treat" to remember the fashion decade I fully lived through, I dug up on of my favorite outfits that I used to wear. I think the outfit was in one of my Myspace profile pictures, to show you how fashion develops over time. 

-rhinestone top
-concert tee/graphic tees
-denim skirt 
-destroyed jeans 
-vest, fedoras and other menswear 
-low rise jeans 
-halter tops 
-oversized hoop earrings 
-aviator sunglasses
-tube tops
-cargo pants 
-boho chic 
-ponchos 
-uggs 
-peasant tops
-peacoats
-fake fur and leather 
-skater dresses
Seriously, what was I thinking?! Why was this good? Why did I keep all of this? And how does it still fit? Mysteries. 


10's
Today! All your favorite fashion trends that you know, love, and are probably hanging in your closet. 
-vintage clothing :P
-boyfriend cardigans
-motorcycle jackets 
-skinny jeans 
-rompers 
-maxi skirt 
-high waisted shorts 
-crop tops 
-keds 
-boat shoes 
-pumps 
-legging
-polka dot blouses 
-blazers 
-Peter pan collar dresses 
-bodycon mini dresses 
-cold shoulder dress or shirt 



So that's it only. Almost 90 years of fashion history! What's your favorite style decade, or least favorite decade? You can even share some of your favorite clothing style from the past. Share with me in the comments! I love talking to you guys. You can also tweet me at @deathbydiamond and follow me on Instagram: Sarcasm_in_heels for all my #ootd. 
Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

  1. I still like some of the fashions from the 1970s - the high-waisted everything, the turtle necks, the overalls, and especially the peasant blouse <3 :D ;
    From the 1980s I like the lace fingerless gloves, the tutu dresses (swoon), and the neon colours;
    From the 1990s I love the babydoll dresses, slip dresses, (and outerwear petticoats), and
    I LOVE your 1990's OOTD! The satiny pink blouse looks awesome styled with the black miniskirt!
    From the 2000s I again love the peasant tops and also the ponchos and skater dresses;
    From the 2010's I love the Peter Pan collar dresses, vintage clothing, high-waisted everything, bodycon mini-dresses, and the pretty pink dress you were wearing in the last photo!!!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the fashion of the 70's! Awww thank yo love!! ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. I love the fashion in the 70's! So bold and fierce!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits