Outfits Inspired By Book Covers

Hey Lovelies! You girl here telling you that I'm not only a fashion lover, but I'm also a huge book nerd! Now, I know never to judge a book by its cover, but some covers are just soooo pretty that you have to buy them, just to display on your shelves. Today I'm going to take some of my favorite covers of my favorite books and paired them up with outfits, the best of both worlds.(All of these outfits I made using Polyvare)

1) The Great Gatsby    


I think The Great Gatsby has the prettiest book cover of all time. Like seriously look it, those eyes, those colors, it's pure art. I actually have a jumper and tote bag that has the Gatsby cover on it. I wanted an outfit that played on the 1920's time period while also sticking with the color palette. A flapper dress would be to obvious, but I think it's a nice nod to the book.
Favorite character: Jay Gatsby Fun fact my best friend Kat and I used to nickname an ex-boyfriend of mine Gatsby but not for any personality trait reasons. 
Favorite Quote: "Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And then one fine morning—So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."        

                                                     
2) The Fault in Our Stars 
If The Great Gatsby is my favorite book, then The Fault in Our Stars is a very close second. I just love how simple the cover it, but it has the perfect color palette and it's so pleasing. For this outfit I wanted a good mix of what Hazel Grace would wear(the jacket and the shoes) and just the feel of the book which is both light and deep. 
Favorite Character: Omg please don't make me pick between Hazel and Gus      Hazel Grace Lancaster because she's the book character I identify with the most out of any book. 
Favorite Quote: "I'm on a roller coaster that can only go up my friends." 






3) Six of Crows 

So I originally bought this book because of both the cover and the hype but my oh my is this book good! Seriously Think of every annoying YA Fantasy troupe you know. Now imagine it being blown completely to bits and replaced with an infinitely more fantastic book series. Loves, meet Six of Crows. Set in a fantasy world inspired by Tsarist Russia, the first book: Six of Crows is about six criminals who are on a heist to break into a completely protected prison, steal a highly guarded person, purely for the money. Like I ordered the second book Crooked Kingdom and I'm dyyyyying to read it! 
Favorite Character: Kaz Brekker 
Favorite Quote: "There was no part of him that was not broke, that had not healed wrong, and there was no part of him that was not stronger for  having been broken." 
4) A Darker Shade of Magic 

Again, another book that I bought because of cover and hype, but it's so good! I'm half through it right now and it's so good. I wanted the outfit to showcase not only the beautful book cover but also parts of the book, like the fact that it takes place in not one, not two, but THREE different Londons! Swoon! Also it's a bit steampunk so the books and coat is a good touch. 
Favorite Character: Lila Bard 
Favorite quote: "I rather die on an adventure than live staying still." 







5) To Kill a Mockingbird 

To Kill a Mockingbird is probably my favorite sigular novel. I adore it and have read  it multple times with multiple copies, but this is still my favorite cover. My best friend Kat actually made me a book necklace with this cover two Christmases ago because she's the best. I kinda think this would be something that adult Scout would wear (maybe not the shoes but whatevs)
Favortie Character: Atticus Finch (fav book character of all time!)
Favorite Quote: "I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." 

That's it loves! What do you think? I might make this a not-regular series, so if you have an recommendation on what books you want to see into outfits, let me know! What is your favorite book/ book cover? Chat with me in the comments or tweet me here and follow me on Instagram here

Stay Stylin,
Elle

                                                                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits