What I'm Loving

Hey loves! How's everybody dealing with daylight saving time? I thought I was going to do fine because you I'm an early riser already, but I'm still so tired! Ughhhh. At least there is coffee.

Anyway, I thought I would do a new occasional series called "What I'm loving" which is a roundup of things I'm obsessed with right now, and that I NEED to talk about or else I'll explode (really dire stuff here folks). This is a roundup of things I'm loving in fashion, books, beauty, TV and just all sorts of things that have my little heart at the moment. So let's get started.

What I'm Loving: Purple Lipstick. 

I've had an obsession with purple lipstick since last year, but it's honesty grown within the past few months. I think I've been bored with pink and red shades lately, but I don't really have the skin tone to play with any other shades, much makes purple a nice in-between that looks risky but still goes with everything. Both of the shades that I'm wearing are from CoverGirl. The shade I am holding on the right is Katy Perry "Katy Kat Gloss" in "Pounce" or ask I call it, "Magic Girl Pastel" because it's basically something an anime magical girl would wear and I'm in love. Originally I bought it because of the packaging. The cat head was so cute but I'm so happy with the shade. The gloss can on really smooth and isn't sticky like some glosses, and it has a good staying power like others. I might actually buy more of these in other shade. The gloss on the left is "Melting Pout" which is CoverGirl answer to Too Face's "Melted" lipstick line. I wanted to give it try because while I love Too Face products, I wanted to find a wallet-friendly alternative. This shade is called "Gellie Jelly" and while I don't love it as much as my beloved "Fig" I do really like the feel of it. So yeah, purple lipsticks for the win!

What I'm Loving: Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee 

Yo, I've been waiting for this book for MONTHS. Even pre-ordering it so I can have it the DAY it came out. Mackenzie Lee is one of my favorite new authors, and I actually had the pleasure of interviewing her, and let me say she's a delight. This book is everything! As the title says, it's about bad ass women in history that are often forgotten in the passage of time (because history is sexist and racist AF).  It's a short book, the women get two pages each, but it's really easy to read, funny, and it's got BEAUTIFUL illustrations. It's got WOC, LGBTWQ+ and just powerful women. It's a gorgeous book and I haven't been able to stop talking about it. Seriously all of these women are my personal hero and I love them.

What I'm Loving: Queer Eye

Put this under reason 347 of why I love Netflix: it brings all my favorite things back! I have been a huge fan of the Orginal Queer Eye for the Straight Guy I was super hyped about the new revival( and I'm not a fan of any reboots ever) this one did not disappoint me. I am Jonathan Van Ness and Van Ness is me. This show is just so flipping fun gang. I was reading somewhere that Queer Eye isn't needed in 2018, which is just straight nonsense folks. Just watch Queer Eye and feel your best self.

What I'm Loving: The Jumpsuits at Target 

So if you know me by now you know that I love to things: Target and Jumpsuits. I flipping love jumpsuit as they are the oneies you can wear in public. Target, who loves me but hates my bank account has come out with their new spring line that is full of pretty, fun jumpsuits and rompers. I have been window shopping them for days ya'll, trying to resist the urge to buy them online before trying them on in stores (you have to try on jumpsuits because sizes with them are weird). You'll probably seeing at least one on the blog soon because I legit need them. Like, I probably won't die without one, but why risk it?

Okay loves, that's it for me. What are you loving right now? Let me know in the comments.
Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

  1. I love the look of purple lipstick - and it looks very pretty worn by you.
    The book 'Bygone Badass Broads' by MacKenzi Lee looks like a great read - and how wonderful that you had the pleasure of interviewing her!
    It's always a treat when you find something you'll like watching on NetFlix.
    Those jumpsuits at Target do look very attractive.
    What I'm loving right now? Reading and looking at interesting blog posts like this one, and looking forward to my favourite season, Spring!!! :D

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the jumpsuit trend this spring for sure. Good to know that Target's got my best interests at heart, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits