Shoe-polozia

Hello my loves! As you can probably guess by the title of this post, or ya know, ANY post I have up here. I love shoes. Like, shoes are honestly my solemate. I can spend hours in shoe departments, or only shopping just looking at them.  Some people like to look at paintings, some people like to look at shoes because they ARE works of heart people, fight me.

I have as of right now, 34 pairs of shoes (yes I have a problem). Most of them I can only wear in the late spring to early fall because Upstate New York winters are not fun. However, if you are looking to downsize your shoe rack or closet in general (something that I should probably be doing but YOLO) or looking to expand your shoe horizons, I have created a handy-dandy list of shoes you should probably have in your closet.

So let's get started!!

Ankle Boots 
Photo by Camila Damásio on Unsplash
Edgier than a pump and can still be worn during colder months, the Ankle Boot is your BFF when you are transitioning from fall to winter, and winter to spring. There are just short enough to wear with when a boot is too much, and just big enough when a pump is not enough.

High Heels 

Yeah, it would be really silly if I had a blog called "Sarcasm in Heels" and didn't heels on the list. I know some of you can't do heels for a variety of reasons, and I still love you all. But, for me, heels are life. I feel ten thousand percent better about myself when I am wearing heels. I feel more confident, powerful, and can reach things I high shelves. If you are looking at heels, but are worried that they will be too uncomfortable for you to wear, I have a trick for you: In the distance between the  sole of the heel and the outersole and the top piece is 3cm, then they will be comfortable. If they are 2.5 cm apart, you are going to have a bad time.

Kitten Heels 

AKA the heels you can wear to work without hating yourself. They are prime and proper that you can attend a serious event without drawing too much attention to youself. They are also comfortable enough to wear and give you a little lift, without going too overboard. Think of them as a heels starter back.

Tall Boots
AKA: How I survive winters in Upstate New York. I love a good tall boot. They can be worn in the winter and fall, they go with legit everything, and easily add style to anything!

Sneakers 

Photo by Andrew Itaga on Unsplash

I'll be the first to admit that they only time you're going to see me run is when I'm trying to get away from my responsibilities. I used to be a real gym addict which got really bad and I haven't been going to the gym as often anymore. BUT while sneakers aren't my favorite thing, you really should have a pair of sneakers in your closet, in case you want to go for a jog, walk, hike, or really punk up your outfit. Or just running out of the house to run errands. Sneakers for the win.

Flats 

Okay, I'm not gonna lie to you fam, I am not a fan of flats. Maybe it's because I wear heels so often that I actually walk on the balls of my feet now, making heels super uncomfortable. I just can't wear them for a very long period of time. I like a variety of colors of them all (see photo) but I normally wear flats when I'm dashing out of the house to run errands or something to keep in my bag in case I'm coming home late. Flats are a great backup shoe, especially for weddings or going out. But if Audrey Hepburn wore them, can they really be that bad?

Thanks it for my loves. What's your favorite type of shoe? Let me know in the comments. Also I am super excited to announce that my poem "New Age Siren" has been published at Agrot magazine. I put the link below for you guys to check it out. I also have been doing a lot of writing lately (I am a freelance Writer) so I put a like to my writing website at the bottom as well, if you want to read something from me that isn't fashion, lol.
Stay Stylin,
Elle
Poem: https://www.argotmagazine.com/poetry-and-fiction/new-age-siren
website: https://ellenrickswrites.wordpress.com


Comments

  1. I pretty much live in flats. I can't wear heels without putting too much stress on my knees, unfortunately and dislocating one's knee is not worth it just for a pair of cute shoes.

    During the cold month, I'm all about boots. I love a good biker boot - perfect for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits