First day of work Selfie + Mod Cloth Stylish Surprise

Hey lovelies! Sorry for the looooong hiatus, this summer has been a little...odd. My last semester of college was a little...stressful and I think I took the summer to really process everything.  I was also going through a lot with my relationship, so it was really hard to put on a happy face for the blog.  But, I do have good news! After almost four summer, I finished the first draft of my novel

There's going to be a lot of editing and a lot of hard work to make this perfect, but I'm excited about the next steps in this journey.

In other news, I started my new job yesterday! I am a professional Reading and Writing Tutor at the community college I used to go too before getting my bachelors. It's weird being back on campus not being a student, but looking hella like a student. Also I'm hard core missing SUNY Potsdam, so it made me miss it more. But here is my first day of work outfit.

Someday I would like to take a picture where I am not looking low-key miserable and look like one of my legs is thicker then then the other(fun-fact:there not!)
Anywayyyy: my dress is from JCPenny's and I love it because it's the the perfect color for fall it's super comfy.
I also took part in another ModCloth Stylish surprise. If you guys remember,  I did this in May and I really liked it so I thought I would do it again, only this time I got a dress and shoes.
The Dress


This dress, Which I got for 20 buck is a OH MY LOVE London dress (called Stayin' Alice). When I first pulled it out of the box, I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but trying it on I really loved it. It was the prefect flapper dress. I was hoping for a work dress but this would be great for a date night or a 1920's party. It was originally 105 bucks so I say it was a steal
Shoes:

These shoes I got for 10 bucks are Qupid Archer sandals which I found on Amazon for 17 bucks. I was really hoping for heels (like always) but these are super cute comfy and I like that it kinda matches the dress. Would I have bought it on my own, nope. But I think I can make it fit into my closet.
Conclusion
Total everything I got is worth 120 bucks so I got a really good deal. Would I have picked this myself? Probably not, but I really liked everything, and seeing some reviews on instagram and reddit, It could have been much worst.
Have you tried Modcloth Stylish Surprise? Tell me your experience in the comments below.

Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits