Mod Cloth's Stylish Surprise review!

Hey Lovely's! Happy April! Starting the month off right and doing a blog post, no fooling! (come on, you knew there be puns). I'm going to be doing a second review in a row!(Gasp).  This on is for Mod Cloth! (Screams)






 This is the beautiful photo that greeted me  four days ago when I was checking my Instagram in the library instead of proofreading my paper (whoops). For those of you who are not familiar with mod cloth it is a super cute, online clothing site where you can buy vintages dresses. For the past like year or so I have been lusting after one of these dresses but they go for around 80 bucks and it made my wallet cry. So you could say I was pretty happy when I saw this unexpected surprise .

Basically what the Stylish Surprise is is a thing that Mod Cloth does  a few times a year where it gives you the option of buying a totally random clothing item or shoes for ridiculous cheap. This time is was 20 dollars for a dress, 20 for apparel and 15 for shoes.   I was a little unsure of this at first because Mod Cloth probably uses this to get rid of some of they're less popular stuff, but after talking it over with Kat, it IS a pretty good deal for how much the dresses normally cost. Plus, I'm indecisive as heck so I might as well have someone else pick out something for me.  Also I was going to save up the money I was getting  writing  erotica (hey, it's a living) to buy a mod cloth dress anyway, so I might as well save my monies and do it on the cheap.

So I bought a surprise dress for 20 bucks. I've seen a lot of people by like 3 or four dresses or different things and if I had the money I would have bought shoes for 15, but I don't want to buy a lot of mystery stuff if it's not going to be good. It's my first Stylish Surprise after all.

So I order the dress Monday night and it came today! I was really surprised just how fast it came, and by fact that the mail room at school was able to cram it in my tiny mailbox.




My first thought was: Thank God it's not ugly!! I was hoping for a really vintage dress with a quirky pattern but I was also super afraid of get an ugly colored dress. I really like the color of the dress. I have another red dress similar to this but a different shade, material and feel. This dress is lightweight and perfect for spring. I actually found the dress on Modcloth and the title of the dress is "Anticipating the Evening Dress " It was originally 74.99 plus shipping knocked down to 22.99 plus shipping but the are currently sold out of this dress. I order this dress in a small. 
The description was  cute I had to share: "Though you still have an hour until your sweetie arrives, you can’t wait any longer and just have to zip into this red dress! Looking like a true beauty in the pleated detailing and swingy A-line skirt of this back-tied frock, you feel your heart flutter with each passing second."


This is super cute. Real talk I was super nervous about ordering a small because according to their size chart I'm a small but all my Forever 21 dresses are Medium. I just went with the size chart (plus my ego really needed the small). It fit perfectly. I didn't even have to unzip it to but it on!!! It might be a little small in the bust and one of the shoulders is a touch tight but if I got a medium it def would have too big. I also didn't like this a tie back thing, but it's a minor prob



This dress was perfect for the poetry thing I went to tonight. It will fit in great with the rest of my closet 





This photo is reason number 4,9999 why I need a selfie stick lol 


Conclusion: This dress, thought not what I expected but something I love. Mod cloth this does this every few months so I am sure I'll be doing this again. 






Stay Stylin'
Elle 

P.S I bought cat stocking on Amazon 
 Their a-meow-ing. No kitten. 

Comments

  1. Very punny and pretty! Even the name of the dress, "Anticipating the Evening Dress", has a double entendre. The colour and design of the dress are pretty and the cat stockings look wonderful styled with it. I think your selfies came out beautifully!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits