Summer Reading List

Hello loves! Hope you're having a lovely Monday! I was just out on my back deck, enjoying my morning coffee with Trixie and reading. It's currently 65 degrees and warming and I'm so excited about! We have totally skipped Spring and went directly to Summer, and I'm honestly not mad about it fam.
So today I thought I would move out of my realm of my typical fashion related post and do something book related. One of my favorite things about Summer is reading outside (book nerd for life!)so much so I actually have really bad sunburn on my shoulders and chest, it's not pretty folks.  So I thought I would create for you guys a little Summer reading list for you guys to enjoy!

So let's get started!

If you're into Fantasy: 


  • The Alchemist by Palbo Coelho (really good book to read if you just graduated from college and have no idea what to do with your life). 
  • Six of Crows series by Leigh Braduigo (my favorite!) 
  • Song of Fire and Ice Series by George R.R. Martin (if you want to spend you summer knowing that winter is coming) 
  • American Gods by Neil Gainman

If Your Into Non-Fiction...
  • Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee (such a fun read full of fun facts!)
  • I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley (I only just started this but it's such a funny collection of essays I felt I needed to add it) 
  • On Writing by Stephen King (best writing book ever) 
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (are you ready to sob? Because you're going sob) 
  • A Man Without A Country by Kurt Vonnegut (I would honestly reccomend you read all of Vonnegut's books, but this one is really one point with our politcal climate now, even though it was written in 2000's) 
  • Basic Witches by Jaya Saxena and Jess Zimmerman
  • Henry & June by Anais Nin (if you're interested in some smutty beach reads) 

If you're interested in YA Contemporty...
  • The Faults In Our Stars by John Green (crying, still crying) 
  • I Am The Messager by Markus Zusak (please someone read this so I have someone to talk to about it!!) 
  • if i stay by Gail Forman 
  • It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini 
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
If you're interested in Feminism...
  • The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (one of my favorites) 
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte 
  • Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 
  • Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
  • The Passion of New Eve by Angela Carter (also deals with transgender issues) 
If You're Interested in Books about LGBTQ+ people....
 


















  • My Lady's Choosing by  
    Larissa Zageris and Kitty Curran (not really LGBTQ but their is a lady love interest you can pick) 
  • A Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde (if this book isn't gay, nothing is) 
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (sooooo good guys) 
  • A Gentleman Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (mandatory summer reading folks!!) 
  • Henry and June by Anais Nin (Anais Nin is bisexual and I fight anyone who disagrees with me!). 

Okay, that's all for me loves! What are you ready for the summer! Let me know in the comments! Also, check out some of my recently published articles: 























Comments

  1. I genuinely wish I had the time and energy to put together a reading list for Summer 2018 - but with all the summer overtime (ugh, should those two words ever exist together in a sentence? >_<) and moving plans, I'm not even sure I'll have that much time to read!

    Hopefully, I'll at least have time to work on my sci-fi novel a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits