Sense and Sensibly stylish

Hey lovelies! I'm back with part 2 of my Jane Austen fashion series! I'm going to do another one of my Austen favorite: Sense and Sensibility. This is Jane's first published work and my first attempt a men's fashion! So lets get to it!
(Psssttt: If you missed Pride & Prejudices click here)

Elinor Dashwood

Elinor Dashwood is the one with the common sense in the Dashwood group. She's the one who keep a level head, even when her man was being shady as hell. Elinor doesn't want any fancy bright color, she was comfy shoes and a nice handbag.

Marianne Dashwood

Oh Marianne, what ever are we going to do with you? You are straight up the typical teenage stereotype: Head over heals for the charming bad boy and almost die when he dumps you. Marianne is youthful, so the sky-high heels, flower dress, and this cute purse go great with her personality. Sire she grows up at the end, but right now she's forever young.

Edward Ferrars

Out of all of Jane Austen's male love interest, Edward Ferrars is my least favorite. Maybe because I have a strong thing against momma's boy (Long story, high school suxed) But as fair as Austen men go entirely, he's okay. Kinda boring, kinda waited for mom to find him a job, drags his feet on marrying Elinor, and has a whole secret engagement he kinda forgot about. But hey, it's super loyal and honorable in the end. Could Elinor do better, probably. But hey, #betterthanwickham.

John Wiloughby

Boy, what can a girl a say about John Willoughby? When I putting together Wiloughby outfit, I thought to myself: "What would a punk-ass douche bag wear?" this is what I came up with. Wiloughby is really a rough draft version of George Wickham we see in P&P but with one thing different: a redeemable moment. My favorite part in Sense and Sensibility is when we all think Marianne dying, he comes in and apologizes for being a piece of shit and said he should have treated her better. And this leaves her alone forever. It's perfect. It's something that every girl wants after a bad breakup: "I loved you, i'm sorry, I'm an asshole I'm leaving forever" It's honestly a perfect sense.

Colonel Brandon

I have a weird love for Colonel Brandon. Is he too old for Marianne? Maybe. Does he have a screwed up dating history and totes hot for damsels in distress? For sure. But this man has style.

So there we have it. This weeks, Jane Austen fashion. Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? Tell me in the comments! And check out my Polyvore page more great style at flymetothemoon23

Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits