Happy Solstice everyone!

Hey Fashionistas! Happy father day/Solstice! Hope you're all enjoying the longest day of the year.  Todays' an #ootd day (throws confetti) because I actually remember to take a photo of myself (oops) It's actually easier to take photos at school because I usually have someone who tolerates me enough to take my picture (aka Kat) At home...not so much. So for the next couple of months my #ootd will not be the best. But hey, maybe I'll learn...maybe.
























I call this outfit my modern Audrey Hepburn outfit. Now, for everyone who has ever met me knows that I love Audrey Hepburn. In my mind she is a true Goddess of fashion. She is so stylish, so classy, so...effortless. Something I strive for in my own fashion choices. WWAD: What Would Audrey Do? This outfit is a nod to that. To start off with I Love black and white as a color pattern. Simple, but it works. Audrey was famous for the little black dress but inside of a dress I used high waisted polka-dot shorts and a cami (both I got at forever21) I again used the polka dot patten on my sandals(JCPenny's). My rule of thumb is to only use a pattern twice in the same outfit and make sure the second one is subtle, you don't want to be covered in Polka dots! Next accessories! I used a black and clear necklace, a black cross bracelet and a faux-pearl bracelet, tied along with a Wizard of Oz red watch. Whenever I wear black (and that's usually all the time) I like to pair it with some red for a pop of color. I love black and white movies but I don't wanna look like I came out of one! I used the red watch with some red lipstick (covered by phone) for some colorful accents. I could have easily traded my sandals for red heels or my necklace with my red necklace to achieve the effect.
I really love this look because it very classic, very summer time and very Audrey.

Because I sign off I would like to give a shout to my dad for father day! Though he'll never read my blog because he has no idea how the internet works I just want to tell strangers on the internet that I love him and I would be nowhere without him.

Okay sappy part over, hope you guys have a great day!
Stay Stylin'
Ellen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits