Style Icons



Hey loves! How's everyone's Monday going? I've been a little down lately, the weather is not helping at all, and just me trying to get my life going is VERY stressful. Currently nursing a headache and some green tea that is supposed to increase weight loss *fingers crossed*. Hope you're doing better than me!

Nah it's not all doom and gloom over here, I actually got published twice last week *throws confetti* The first was my article "Fall Out Boy Made Emo And Pop Punk More LGBTQ-Friendly" that was published in Into More that you can read here. The other one was a personal essay I wrote for Ravhisly that I'm really proud of called "How Fan-Fiction Played A Central Role in My Bisexual Awakening" which you can read here.

Okay, now onto the article. Today I'm going to be discussing some of my favorite style icons that have looked up over the years as I've been cultivating my style. This list is made of actual people that I have really admire and have been inspired by.

So let's get started!

Audrey Hepburn 

Okay if you've ever been on this blog before, or even met me in real life you know about my undying love for Audrey Hepburn. She is my favorite actress of all time. She was really the first person I kinda saw in my life that screamed "elegance". Audrey Hepburn is the original minimalist, and her style is making a comeback. Natural colors (mainly black) boat neck swing dresses, skinny jeans, stripes, ballet flats and long sleeve tops. And we CAN'T forget about the little black dress. Audrey's style is simple, timeless, and looks effortless while combining grace and elegance.

Taylor Swift 


Honesty I took me like a half hour to pick only FOUR photos because I LOVE Taylor's style so much. Like Google Taylor Swift style and legit every outfit is perfection and I want all of them so bad. Like my heart needs them, especially 1989 Taylor. Like Audrey, Taylor's outfit looks very timeless, tailored, and classic. Unlike Audrey, and one of the things I love about Taylor's style is that she is unafraid of using color, which can be tricky, especially if you're new to the style. Colors like black, navy, white, grey, red are the easiest way to create a classic look. Taylor has a rainbow of colors in her style palette and uses them beautifully. If you're looking to start putting color in your life, start by looking T Swift!

Zooey Deschanel 


Confession time Fam, I've only watched New Girl for the outfits. Seriously, every episode Jess looks like she just walked off an ad for Modcloth. Jess's style is the same as Zooey's who has a very whimsical, Disney princess-meets-60's glam vibe that I am all for that vibe. Also, the polka dots own my heart because I also rock a lot of polka dots. Seriously, Zooey is not afraid of quirky patterns and I love that about her look.  

Okay loves, that's it for me. Who are some of your style icons? Let me know in the comments!

Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

  1. Avril Lavigne was a style icon for me as a young teenager - and looking back I think that's when I took my first steps in the "gendervoid"....dun dun dunnn. Into early adulthood, I swooned over the elegant Gothic Lolita looks of Mana-sama and the cute styles of Misako Aoki. I had a "vintage period where I loved everything about Marilyn Monroe, Grease, I Love Lucy, etc.

    Right now, most of my style icons are actually Korean drama actresses. So classic. So put together. So comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Avril Lavigne was also my style icon as a teenager. I had so many tie and vest combos. Do you remember her fashion line? I had so many pieces that I think I still have. Yas to the Korean drama actresses! Love them!

      Delete
  2. I concur. The fashions worn by Audrey Hepburn, Taylor Swift and Zooey Deschanel pictured above are all pretty.
    One of my style icons is @CierraRamirez (a.k.a. Miss Thang) who plays Marianna on the very diverse LGBTQ friendly TV show The Fosters on NetFlix. I LOVE most of the wonderfully feminine fashions she styles in her outfits!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits