One Item Challenge (Faux Leopard Fur Coat)

Hello loves! Hope you're all doing well. I'm currently watching the sleet/snow/rain from why window, low-key trying not to cry because I'm convinced the universe somehow hates me and wants me to suffer. Okay, I know that's not totally the reason but still! But I'm keeping optimistic, and by optimistic I mean I've been shopping.

Anyway, I was at the Label Shopper the other day after brunch (the Label Shopper is like a shader T.J. Maxx where everything is much cheaper but the name brands are like scratched out). I was just browsing the racks, not really looking for anything in particular (you know how it goes). And I went into the 75 percent off all coats rack (those fools thought winter was over *cue evil laugh*) So I was flipping through the coats when I found...*drum roll please*
Yes, I found it, after years and years of searching, and wanting, I found Margot Tennenbaum coat from The Royal Tenenbaums for only $7!!!!!!! (Are you screaming? I know I am!).
(Image from Google)


I know it's not an exact replicate of her coat, but it's pretty close, and honestly, I think it's better. I've been having a hella a lot of fun playing with the coat.  As you can see below where I took the best photo of myself ever.

Now that I have my new prize position (next to my typewriter and book collection of course), I have been pondering about what to do with this magnificent coat, I mean...how do you wear it???
Luckily, I can up with some pretty wild ideas to style this coat three different ways, so let's leap right too it.

Outfit 1: Play 

I'm flipping LIVING for this outfit folks. This is something that on paper shouldn't work but OMG it does. Graphic band tee, shorts, tights, and gold heeled booties, and the leopard coat=a wild night on the town. It's very fun and punky glam outfit that's really fun to wear. This could easily be worn to a concert, out for drinks or just anywhere.
Outfit 2: Professional 

Okay, can everyone please just ignore my face I know it looks dumb but this was legit the best photo that came out during the shoot and I'm also embarrassed by it. People think that leopard print isn't very professional and I'm here to tell you that is false! Leopard print can totally be taken into the office sense by pairing the coat with a nice turtleneck, long pencil skirt and then jazz it with a chunky necklace and matching flats (because of course, I have matching flats).  Now you're ready for the corporate jungle.
Outfit 3: Date Night 

Now I know okay so I know the most obvious choice would be to pair a leopard print coat with black, but I think a piece like this deserves to be played with, which is why I paired it up with a fun lacey red dress and red pumps to really add a pop of color to it. I really love red and leopard together and think this would be the perfect date night outfit. You can also pair leopard print up with a jewel tone green if you want a different pop of color.

That's it for me loves. What do you think of the looks, and what's your favorite thing you've ever found at bargain store? Let me know in the comments. And don't forget to follow me on twitter here and on Instagram here. And don't forget to subscribe to my email list so you never miss another post!

Stay Stylin',
Elle











Comments

  1. I also have a fabulous faux-fur leopard print trench! Yours looks a bit fluffier than mine though. Should I piggyback off your post and share my favorite ways to wear my coat? ;p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits