Winterizing Your Summer Wardrobe

Hello loves! It's been a crazy couple of weeks, let me tell you. I've had a couple major life changes that I think are for the better, but I'm in a rocky adjustment period. Thank you guys for all the love!
    Anyway, back to blogging, as you probably know by now I am not a fan of winter. It doesn't like me and I certainly don't like it. It's cold, it's dark and just plain gloomy. Pass! I live in Upstate New York, where we get a lot of Canada winds so the winters are cold and snowy AF.
   Another major thing I distain about winter is that clothing options are so limited. Truth me folks, there is nothing sadder than watching me put away all my pretty summer dresses, shorts and tank tops away in favor of long sleeves and sweaters.  Not that I hate long sleeves or sweaters, but they get boring after awhile. And I know you can dress outfits up with scarfs but I'm honestly getting bored with scarfs being the savior of my outfits. So, I put the ole' noddle to work and came up with some cool ways to take your awesome summer clothes into winter.

No Sleeves, No Problem 

I love two things: Fancy dresses and high heels, both of which I thought I was going to have to give up this season. However, I am able to keep my London Calling dress and red pumps with simpling adding my red coat, and some sweater tights. Now I can have heels all year! (Note please don't wears heels in icy weather, don't be that dumbass).

Florals are still in Bloom 

My favorite dress of all time is my backless rose tank top dress, not exactly a dress you can wear when it's 30 degrees out. Luckily with the help of a leather bombers jacket, tights, and some ready boots, this simple summer dress get's an edgy winter look to it.

Sweater Weather 

Sweaters are typically reserved for leggings but let's flip the script and put it on top of a sleeveless dress. I used my turtleneck dress and my leopard print sweater and added a purple leather jacket for a pop of color. This is a great idea if you have a dress with a cool flowy summer dress with a great pattern.

Who Wears Short Shorts? 

I hate that I spend some much money on shorts that I only wear them for one season. But with the help of some leggings and multiple jackets you can take your shorts into the next season. On the left, I have a ready white and blue theme (debating if this is really a good look) and on the right is my business casual mix with my tank top, shorts, and studded blazer.

Turtlenecks for Life! 

This is the quick and easy way to turn any dress into a winter dress, especially shift or boat neck dresses. You can also use scoop neck long sleeve shirts but I think turtlenecks gives the only time Christmas vibe and a bit of artist vibe too. (Personally, I think I'm rocking a prairie home company but it works well for other things).

Okay loves, that's it for today. Now to stock up on leggings and turtlenecks. How do you dress for winter? Let me know! Next weeks will be my "Few of My Favorite Things" and 2017 favorite thing post so tune in for that.

Stay Stylin',
Elle

Comments

  1. I absolutely adore shorts with tights and sweaters over slim dresses. Bring on that layering~! Especially since it's -3° F outside right now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I feel you it's -3 and I'm putting cardigan on top of cardigans right now! Brrrrrr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits