One Item Challenge (Leopard Print Boots)

Hey Lovelies! Hope your holiday was merry and bright! My Christmas was pretty stressful to tell you the truth. My dog Trixie got very sick Christmas Eve and we had to take her to the 24-hour animal hospital because our vet was closed. Luckily we caught the infection before it could get worse and by Christmas day she was back to her old self, which was a Christmas miracle.  What did everyone get for Christmas (or any other holiday you celebrate)? Here is my holiday haul!

It was a very cozy Christmas with a fluffy leopard print bathroom, sheets, fox knee socks, Harry Potter figure, Wet hairbrush, my favorite perfume, and an awesome pair of boots with shiny gold heels. Not pictured is the tons of Amazon and Hobby Lobby gift cards I got, the mug and FANCY lipsticks I got from Kat, and booze.
 Honesty Kat's lipsticks and my boots are probably my favorite gifts this year. I mean look how shiny they are! (heart eyes). Which got me to thinking about my favorite non-heel shoes which lead me to the topic of this post: ONE ITEM CHALLENGE!!! *throws confetti*
Yes back by popular demand, it's time for another one item challenge where I take one item and style it three different ways.
Today I'll be doing the One Item Challenge on my favorite pair of shoes that are not heels: my leopard print boots.

Fun fact: These are Liz Claiborne boots that were originally 200 bucks that I got for...wait for it...$2 thanks to a massive sale and a coupon. Can you say winning!
Now, if you have been reading this blog for a while now, you know I have a borderline obsession with leopard print, it's honestly my favorite pattern I have successfully covered my life in it. But I know leopard print is kinda a risky area for some people. A lot of people are afraid to wear leopard print with the fear of not knowing how to wear it. Will be too trashy? Do I have to wear a certain outfit with it? How much is too much?
    My best advice for people just trying leopard print for the first time, or any bold print for the first time, is to make it as an accessory, but make it an accessory that stands out. Like shoes or a cardigan, something that really makes the outfit pop without being overwhelming.
Here are some examples.
WARNING Okay so my lightbulb burned out in my office/library where I normally take my photos in so I had to take it in my super messy bedroom. Also I looked super bloated and gross today (yay holiday eating :/) so I look worse than normal. Turn back now.
Outfit One 

Rocker tank top + black skinny jeans+ plus leopard print boots=instant rocker babe. See leopard print just a way to upgrade a casual outfit. And it draws the eye to the boots really making the outfit pop.
Outfit Two 

Okay so fun fact, I was singing along to "...Ready For It" by Taylor Swift while doing the photoshoot and the only good photo I took in the outfit was me singing, so there's that. Again, another rather simple outfit, jazzed up by some leopard print. In hindsight I probably shout have wore black leggings with this, but hey, live and learn.
Outfit Three 

And last but not least, my favorite outfit to wear with my boots, but the photo I look the worst in. This is where the double leopard print works. It doesn't overwhelm the outfit because it's on the top and bottom. If I wore my leopard print dress and the boots it would be way too much, but the black dress and belt breaks it up a bit, and thats what you really want. This is a great outfit for date night to even a job interview.

Okay, that's it for me loves. Next week I'll be posting on New Years Eve. Anyone excited for New Years? Ready for 2017 to be over(I know I sure am)? Let me know in the comments.
Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

  1. I'm such a sucker for leopard print as well - those boots are amazing! I can't believe you got them for $2. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! They are my babies and I love them 😍 and yes I'm still in shock

      Delete
  2. You got some fun, pretty and cute items in your Christmas haul! The hairbrush looks pretty.
    My own Christmas was more boring, but (grinch that I am) I welcomed that.
    Your "super bloated" looks very skinny to me.
    All three of the outfits you styled look pretty. My favourite out of the three outfit photos is the second look featuring the black top and burgundy mini-skirt.
    As for New Year's Eve, I'm trying to keep from totally freaking out at how fast time is going by.
    I think I may listen to the song "Silver Spring" by Stevie Nicks on New Year's Eve because of the line in the lyrics that says: "Time cast a spell on me..." - because time really did. Yikes.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits