One Item Challenge (Blanket Scarf)

Hey Lovelies! Hope you're all enjoying you're Monday! I just finished John Green's new novel Turtles All The Way Down and I'm currently sobbing my eyes out. Seriously guys, read it. Like drop what you're doing and go out a read that fantastic book.
But first, read this!

Fall is the perfect time for accessorizing, so I thought it would be a perfect time to do a One Item Challenge? What's a One Item Challenge you ask? Basically, it's taking an accessory and styling it three different ways? Sometimes we get stuck in what I call an "accessory rut" where you only wear an accessory one way with one outfit. Well, I'm here to expand your fashion horizon with my pick: a blanket scarf.

Blanket scarfs are the perfect accessory for fall, especially around this time of year when the mornings are really cold but the afternoon or warm, or some parts of the day are colder than others, just put your blanket scarf in your bag and you're ready for anything.

Now you've probably seen a million Pinterest and YouTube tutorial showing the millions of ways to tie a blanket scarf when really they all look complicated and kind of the same. Seriously, I was never in the Girl Scouts, I don't know how to Chicago Loop or a Fortune Cookie. So I decided to keep it simple with three different looks you can achieve with your blanket scarf, so simple, even I can do them.


Today I'll be using my plaid blanket scarf that I got at Forever 21 a couple years ago because it looks pretty autumn-ish, but you can use any blanket scarf for this and blanket scarves are legit EVERYWHERE now, serious, I found one at the Dollar General for 7 bucks and it was pretty cute.
Okay onto the looks!
Casual Wear: 

Okay scarves, boots, and denim jackets are the unquestioned staples of fall fashion. I put my blanket scarf through the classic loop (my personal favorite way to wear a scarf) and add my ombre denim jacket, skinny jeans, high boots and a sweater (but you just put a t-shirt or tank top.) This is the perfect casual outfit for when you're out running errands or doing some cute fall activities like going to the pumpkin patch.
At the Office 
 

Fun fact my office is cold, like really cool, like might actually be a meat freezer cold. And cardigans and blazers get so boring day after day, so living things up with a fashion scarf. I think one of the coolest things you can do with a blanket scarf in my a cape out of it. And it's so easy! Just take the full length of the scarf, wrap it around your back, then wrap it around your front. Easy-peasy! You can even pin with a bobby pin to have it stick. I paired it with a blue pencil skirt, red pumps, and a flowy sleeve shirt (which looking back on it, I'm not so sure about, so just use a regular long sleeve shirt. This is a great way to look cute and warm in the office.
Fancy 

Okay, so this is my favorite look to do with a blanket scarf because it's so darn simple! You basically just take the scarf around your neck, fan it about a bit and belt it. Boom! Done! It takes a simple black dress and kicks it up a notch! You can also fan out the top a bit to give a little bit of a sleeve. It would also go great with a long sleeve dress.
Well there you go, love! One blanket scarf created three different and easy looks, so now you always know what to do with your scarf. What look are you going to try first? Let me know in the comments!   Also, don't forget to follow me on twitter @deathbydiamond and on Instagram at sarcasm_in_heels
Stay Stylish,
Elle


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits