Ways to Wear Vintage Style Dresses

Hey Lovlies! Hope yall are enjoying the last bit of summer fun. I love August (mainly because it's my birthday month so I call it the month of Ellen) but with August we have to look to the season ahead: pumpkin spice season (the fact that pumpkin spice is so close makes me a little less sad that summer is almost over.)
     Anyway, as you may know by now, I might have a slighhhhttt obsession with vintage dresses (okay, like a huge obsession) I just feel so cute and fancy in them, like walking around in a vintage movie. However, I, like many of you reading this, was nervous about buying vintage dresses. I had questions like "How will I wear this?" "How can I transition this into different sessions?" "Will I be able to wear this dress with other pieces of my closet?"   Some people may feel boxed in by having to wear vintage dresses a certain, traditional way. Well, this post is here to help you! I've come up with 5 sure fire ways to style different you're vintage dresses and take them into the fall season.
So let's get started!
(Most these looks I created through my Polyvore account. I tried doing a full fashion shoot but I after looking through the photos I got into a bad body image headspace and so yet....)

Look 1: Leather Jacket + dress + booties. 

I absolutely love floral prints and leather together. Just something about the sweet kind girly-ness of floral print with the "don't mess me" of leather. Vintage dresses get this stereotype of being for goody-goody prep style which isn't true. With the right style, and accessories it can be turned into a cool punk style. Pair your dress up with a leather jacket and some cool booties (which I need tbh) and some cool cat eye sunglasses and you're ready to go out to the bar or to the concert. Point points for putting your hair up in a high pony tail with some cool earrings.







(So this is the
only photo from my shoot that I don't hate. It shows my LindyBop dress, purple leather jacket and my heels)















Look 2: Denim Jacket+Dress+scarf+flats 




















I'm just a huge fan of denim jackets since I was a kid. It's a timeless piece that pretty much goes with anything, it's a very versatile jacket that I recommend to everyone. Adding a demon jacket to your vintage dress gives it a fun, fall vibe, especially paired up with a scarf and flats makes a vintage dress less special occasion and more "Sunday afternoon casual". Like you can get coffee and go to a for a walk in the park in this outfit.
Look 3: Blanket scarf + dress+ kitten heels 


I'm obsessed with Blanket scarfs! I mean I'm obsessed with scarfs in general, but blanket scarfs are the top shelf of scarfs. Mainly because there's so much you can do with a blanket scarf. There 's the classic loop, the bib style like I have in the pic above, you can make them into a poncho to its own little cape sweater.  Seriously, there's tons of way to style of blanket scarf. This is actually the perfect accessory to carry around with you in that August-September period where it's a certain temporary in one part of the day and than a completely different temp the rest of the day. Start your day off as a cool cape then by your afternoon coffee run, fashion it into a chic scarf.



(Awkard me trying to the best I can with what little I have :/)

















Look 4: Cropped sweater+ dress+ heels+chunky necklace 





 I just think this outfit looks so cozy and chic. Sometimes it hard to carry a vintage dress to the fall and winter seasons because it's hard to figure out which jacket to wear and if that takes away from the cute pattern that the dress has. With this you're still warm and you have the cute pattern. This is perfect for going to class/work, or a lunch date.
Look 5: Button down+ Dress+chuck Taylors 




 This one I think is just so fun, like a modern "Anne of Green Gables" look with the gingham dress and the button down, but also it's got this cool punky vibe with chucks. I can just see going apple picking and eating some yummy apple cider donuts. Or going on haunted hayrides and all sorts of fun, stuff to do.








So these are just a few of the ways to style or vintage style dresses? Love it? Leave it? Have some other styles! Let me know in the comments! I love talking to you guys! (also makes me feel like I'm not shouting into the void. Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you'll always stay in the know. You can also follow all my style and life adventures on my Instagram at sarcasm_in_heels and/or follow me on twitter @deathbydiamond every Tuesday I do a poll for next week blog post so don't miss your chance to vote. Or just tweet at me! I always try to follow back people who read the blog! Thank you guys for reading!
Stay stylin'
Elle

Comments

  1. Bad body image headspaces get in the way of me taking new outfit photos and videos for my own blog and YouTube channel. They're awful. Via Twitter chats I discovered that I'm not the only one who needs to take 50 outfit photos just to come up with two that I can bring myself to publish. I really am way out of shape and old. You, on the other hand, look fabulous.
    I love the print and flare of the floral print dress. The classic blue denim jacket is a nice and versatile outfit piece.
    P.S.: there's a link to your blog on the front of mine (the links are alphabetical).

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Article.
    vintage style dresses are perfect for casual formal and every occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work... Vintage style dresses are very useful for everyday casual look. I also prefer such styling.


    Pure matka silk sarees

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits