Fall 2017 Guide


Hey Lovies! Well, it happened. I walked into the Price Chopper the other day and there I saw it: a wall of Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice k-cups, the Great Pumpkin has risen, Fall is upon us.
      Now, I'm the last person to wish away summer, my birthday is in a couple of days (turning 23, feeling pretty meh.) but while summer is my favorite season, I do have a certain love for fall. All the pretty colors, the smell of apple, as yes, pumpkin spice lattes. Don't judge me #pfl 5ever!!!
   So I thought I would do a little lookbook this week to get you and your closet ready for fall.  So let's get started!

The Palette 

So the most important thing to think about when building a fall wardrobe is getting the color palette. Getting what colors you want to use will help you build outfits better and navigate the fall trends that might be a little overwhelming. We all know that fall is all about reds, orange, and yellows, warm colors, but each year the Gods and Goddess of fashion give us the colors of the season, the colors that will be EVERYWHERE. So for 2017, here are the colors you'll be seeing, and wearing everywhere. 

(major heart eyes) Look at those gorgeous colors! I really like that this season has a nice blend of warm colors and cold colors, so if you're a person who's skin tone doesn't screen autumn, you still have some colors to play with. "Grenadine" and "Neutral Grey" are predicted to be the trendiest colors this season, but I'm so in love with "Shaded Spruce" and "Tawny Port." And, of course, "Autumn Maple" and "Butterum" are staples of the season. 

The Trends 
For those of you who weren't glued to your screens during Fashion Week like I was, you may have missed your head start on what trends will be coming up for fall. Or, if you did, you might be a little confused on what you saw. To be fair, it's a little hard to picture this: 
(Elle magazine)
Into your casual every day Monday. Have no fears loves, I've come up with an easy peasy list that will make it easy to look for trends. 
Popular this fall: 
-Velvet 
-Tartan print (think super large plaid) 
-#PantsuitNation 
-Cuffed or frayed jeans 
-Fringe 
-Faux Sherling coats 
-Glitter/Metallic (finally) 
-Winter Florals (basically dark version of classic floral print)  
-Chucky handmades (basically things that looks like your nanna made them) 
-Faux Furs 

I'm super excited for a lot of these trends. I'm a sucker for anything glitter so I'm glad that we'll be seeing a lot of it this season. I'm slowly getting into Velvet (I just bought some velvet jeans from Forever21 and they are my true love). I'm not the biggest fan of Pantsuits or Sherling, but I'll try anything once. Remember, you don't have to follow every trend, just explore! 

The Basics 
Of course, like all seasons, Autumn has a certain look to it, with certain staples we all need to get through the season. If you went through a big spring cleaning, a move,  gain/loss weight or just haven't updated your closet in a while, you might be needing these key pieces of clothing that you need for the season.  
-Sweaters (all the sweaters, wrap around, pull over, cardigans) 
-Denmin jacket and/or leather jackets 
-Scarfs 
-Flannel 
-Boots
-Tanks (for layers) 
-Over the knee Skirts 
-Beanies 
-Leggings 
-Flats 

So how you blend the colors, the trends, and the basics together? Well, I created a couple outfits that will help you out. 
The Look 


Casual Fall is pretty self-explanatory with black velvet skinny pants, a chunky knit sweater in Tawny Port,  Fringe Backpack and open toed boots.  All the different textures are fun and not too overwhelming. 













This is more of a back to school vibe with again mix and match prints. The Tartan full skirt in "Shaded Spruce" and "Navy Peony". The fitted blazer to go with the tailored trend. The flower watch and the fringe purse. I also threw in a pin in there to add to the current pin trend going on.




 Okay, so this one my "Glamor" outfit (because we should all feel glamorous in every season). The metallic sparkly dress, the faux fur jacket (totes inspired by Margo in The Royal Tenenbaums) and the makeup in "Grenadine" is the perfect touch.

A very simple outfit that chic for getting to work, going to class, or maybe doing a fun fall activity like apple picking or going to a corn maze (a little corny but okay lol). 
"Navy Peony" and "Ballet Slipper" aren't your classic fall colors, but in a sea of red and oranges, you'll stand out in this velvet pantsuit and a fancy top, Plus the butter rum purse and the gold in the earring bring it back to fall. 



Okay, so this is one of my favorite types of outfits to wear in fall: Black leggings, Leather jacket, booties, a necklace or scarf and a cup of coffee. I made it fit the theme with the Tawny Port, the flowers on the jacket. 
Bonus 

You don't understand, I had to make a pumpkin spice outfit. I couldn't live with my basic self if I didn't. 

So what did you guys think? Are you ready for fall? What's your favorite fall outfit or activities? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @deathbydiamond  and follow me on Instagram at sarcasm_in_heels for all my fashion adventures. 
Stay Stylin' 
Elle 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits