March Owl Crate Unboxing (First Video)

Hey loves! So, I've been a blogging slump the last few days, I haven't really been loving what I've been writing, or haven't been really excited about the things I've been blogging about, so I decided to do my first video blog! I've always really wanted to do a video blog, but I've always been really self-conscious about it and that I would be really bad at it (I still feel that way now lol). But life is all about stepping outside your comfort zone, even if it's not perfect.

For my first video, I decided to do an unboxing of my March Owlcrate, because I thought it would be a cool thing to do. If you haven't heard about Owlcrate before, it is a monthly YA book subscription box service that ships monthly and each box comes with a hardcover signed book and 3-5 bookish goodies, going with a different monthly theme. March's theme was "Across the Galaxy" which is the reason why I got the box. I really liked how the box was described and I really liked the last box I got, I decided to give this a try. I have gotten OwlCrate before, see here and here and I really like them.

So here is my first video! To be honest, I know it's not great, I really quiet it some parts (not to mention it's 26 minutes long (if you actually watch the whole thing my heart is officially yours and you have my undying love and devotion forever). It's a learning curb folks, that's all I'm gonna say.

NOTE: I have not sponsored in any way/shape/form by OwlCrate (I'm not famous enough). All the opinions are mine.

Clip the link loves:

https://youtu.be/bs6XrUb0l9M


Here is a full list of everything in the Crate Including my guesses for their prices:
-Exclusive small candle from Wick & Fable inspired by The Illumiae Files (I know I pronounced it so wrong in the video) I got Kady Grant in the scent of Blood Orange $6
-Guardian of the Galaxy Mystery Pint-Sized Heros from Funko (I got Mantis)  On Amazon is $2.68 
-A Watercolor Star Wars Bookmark from Lexy Olivia $5
-Exclusive Galaxy Print infinity scarf from OwlCrate (average price $12 on Amazon for similar things)
-Lunar Chronicles inspired ceramic mug designed by artist Sasha Natasha (guessing $12) 
-Signed Heart of Iron book by Ashley Poston ($17.99) Plus poster and pin.
All in all this boxs adds up to a $55.67 dollar value. I paid $34 dollars for this books so I think its a pretty good deal. My favorite things are the book and the mug (will actually have to read The Lunar Chronicles now). My least favorite things are the bookmark and the candle.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Owls 

So what did you think of the video guys? Was it a real whoot? Have you used Owlcrate in the past or have read the book? Let me know in the comments. Also let me know if you like the video, I know it's not great right now but I'm hoping to improve. If you guys like it I might do a video once a month?

Stay Stylin'
Elle 






Comments

  1. OMG, you're absolutely adorable in your first video titled: Sarcasm In Heels First Video (Owl crate Unboxing) | Ellen Ricks - YouTube - so cute!!!
    I love the sound of your voice and enjoyed watching the entire video twice.
    I like the Exclusive Galaxy Print infinity scarf and liked watching your attempt at panning with the camcorder to show some of your other scarfs.

    For some reason where it is supposed to say who made the video (immediately under the title) it says "Unlisted" (even though it says uploaded by Ellen Ricks), and your video is not listed among your YouTube channel videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/EllenRicks/videos Maybe its just your channel introduction video at the moment?

    I have never used or even heard of Owlcrate before nor have I read the book, but I love your video.
    I just subscribed to your YouTube channel, and look forward to seeing more of your videos showing up in my subscription feed in the future. :)

    my blog
    my YouTube channel
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits