Review time! Owl Crate March Box

Okay so first things first I'm the worst and I haven't posted in like a month, breaking one of of my New Years Revolutions! (cries). However, in my defense, this is my last semester and I'm super duper stressed to the max!(also cries)
To make it up to you, my lovely, fashion follows, here's my review of my Owl Crate!



















So cute! I actually have been lusting after this for awhile now, but I haven't gotten a chance until now. For those of you who don't know what an Owl Crate is, it's a monthly subscription box where for 29.99 (plus shipping) you will receive at your doorstep a newly release YA novel, plus 3-5 other bookish goodies. Each month they will have a different theme and this months theme is Writers Block. As a writer myself,  I felt that I had to get this. Plus look at it...

Okay, the review!
The Packaging 

So the first thing that came out of my Owl Crate was not any of the bookish goodish but paper. Lots and lots of little tiny strips of paper. 

Which normally would be fine, though a touch annoying, but I was at my friends Dan's house with his cat Moxie (who I have adopted as mine) and I was worried that would try to get into the box and eat the paper. It's not very pet friendly which surprises me. 
The Book 
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner (Value at: 21.99)
That new book smell!!!!! OMG it smelt so good. I've been buying a lot of used books lately because of the used bookstore in town which is my favorite place in the whole world. But when I pull The Serpent King out of the sleeve, Omg I was in heaven. 
The book itself seems super interesting. It's about these three kids growing up in this shitty Tennessee Town during their senior year of high school. There's Dill, the son of a Pentacostal minister who makes him handle rattlesnakes. Lydia who has a fashion blog (it's me!) and Travis who loves this fantasy book series almost to the point of obsession (also me). This is Jeff Zentner debut novel and it looks super interesting. Plus with a 4 and half star rating on GoodReads, I'm excited for this novel. 
The book also comes with a quote from the book and and book plate with a sighed note from the author. The note was super sweet and cute. 



















Out of Print Banned Books Socks (Valued at: 10) 
Okay so part of the reason why I bought the Owl Crate was because the theme was Writer's Block, but what sealed the deal on the box was the teaser was that there was going to be something from Out of Print Clothing. I love love love love Out of Print clothing! I have so many things from them and they are legit one of my favorite online clothing stores. I kinda figured it was going to the socks and I don't own any socks from them yet so I really happy to get them. I've never really been much of a sock person until very  recently (might be because of living in New Canada) but now all I want are cool socks so I'm happy to add them to the collection, They're also super cool because one sock has all the titles of books crossed out while the sock as the all of title without it crossed out. 
642 Tiny Things to Write About from Chronicle books and Quill Pen from Kikkerland (book: 9.95. Pen: 2.50). 
I thought this was a really cute. I love the book, it has all of these neat writing prompts like "Best Snack food of the best century" or "A note in a bottle you found washed up on the shores of Disney World's Lake Buena Vista water park". It's super cool. I also really like the Quill, because it's so Harry Potter and I've always wanted one. The pen tip is real cool but it dries out super easy, so that's a  bummer.



















Bookworm Boutique Pins- (Value: 2? maybe)
I follow Bookworm Boutique on Instagram so I was excited when I saw the other teaser that said Bookworm Boutique would be contributing. I don't really wear pins all that often so I don't really know what to do with them or where to put them (suggest ideas in the comments!). The quotes are cool and the pins are designed exclusively for Owl Crate so that's neat.
The quotes are:
"I Start A New Adventure Every Time I Open A Book"
"Let's Live in Fiction Worlds"
"I Read to Live. I Live to Read."
Honestly, I'm giving some to Kat.
Final Thoughts 
This box was 34 dollars total and counting up the value of everything the box is worth around 46.44 total. I liked everything thing in this box: the book looks really interesting, I love the socks, the tiny things to write about is clever. I'm not a thousand percent sure yet if I like this more than the book(ish) box but if I really like on the themes I would order a box again.
I'm going to spend the rest of the day, curled up with a good book and cozy socks! Happy Reading!

Stay Styling,
Elle 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits