5 Accessories Everyone Should Have In Their Wardrobe

Hey loves! Hope your week was great! I wasn't really feeling my best this week, which is why I didn't do the twitter poll this week. Luckly, I feel well enough to do today's post! Now, a question that I get a lot is how to accessories. How can you turn a plain outfit of t-shirt and jeans into a killer outfit, or how to get different looks out of one outfit so you don't get bored. Accessorizing can be tough, but I'm here to give you five accessories that will instantly upgrade any outfit.

1. Statement Necklace 





















Bold necklace is the easiest way to add a little flash to your everyday look and a piece that will get the most compliments. You can get a really high spurge piece like my moon necklace from QVC or a costume jewelry like the gold piece I got at TJ Maxx, each will last a very long time. Use the necklace to brighten up a place dress, tee and jeans, or just a dress you've had forever. Necklaces for the win!
2. Bold earrings 


















Bold earring is the cheapest and easiest way to make your outfit stand out. You can go #extra like my cross earrings, or you can add a cool art deco edge to it. This is perfect when you're just about to dash out the door and need just something a little bit more pop! Pro tip: Make sure to weight the earing in the palm of your hand before buying. Heavy earrings not only hurt, but stretch out your earlobe.
3. Scarfs
Omg I adore scarfs! I buy them in all patterns and types, I make my own scarfs, I'm just a little obsessed. A fail safe no brainer fall outfit is jeans, booties, plain tee, jacket and scarf with a cool pattern. But I thought it would be cool to take my fav summer outfits and upgrade them to fall usuing scarfs, the ultimate fall staple. As you can see I take a summer maxi dress and wrap a blanket scarf and wrap around like a wrap. Perfect for a fancy night out. For the second outfit I used some cool elephent leggings with my elephant scarf with my flowly dress. Scarfs for the win! 
4. Fancy headwear 

Okay, I'm not a hat lady by any any strench of the imagination. My head is too small, and it always slid off. If you can do hats, good for you, you have an outfit. For those who don't you can still have some cool options. There are cool headbands you can wear (like the blue feature thing on the right) or a cool beret like on my french girl outfit. Pro tip: if you really wanna style a hat, use bobby pins to keep it from slidding off your head. 
5. Belt it out 

Belts are my go-to accessory whenever I am wearing dressing. I have an hourglass figure (barely but still) and belts really shows that off becasue it creates that natural waistline. I like big, chucky belts, but thin, colored belts can get the job done as well. You can also get a sparkly belt or a belt buckle onto jeans to give an unexpected look. 
Couple tips 
  • Don't use all five accessories into one piece! Limit it to one, maybe two at the most. If you use all three, you'll run the risk of looking like a bag lady. And who really wants that? 
  • When buying accessories, try to find things that match 70% of your closet. Know your color pallette, know what you wear often. For example, I wear a lot of black, red and navys with the occasional purple. So I buy accessories that would go easily with those colors. Mainly golds. 
  • And don't forget the most important accessory...
YOUR SMILE! 

(I took this pic this morning at it was 90 degrees out. Hapy Fall)

Well that's it my loves. Do you have a fav accessory. Struggle with outfit planning. Let me know in the comments, or send me a tweet and down foreget to follow me on instagram at sarcasm_in_heels

Stay Stylin' 
Elle 

Comments

  1. Hello Elle. I am a Pastor from Mumbai. India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in writing. Your post is worth following by young women of your age. You look so elegant in all those outfits. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged,strengthened and praying for one another. I have been int he Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of p oor with the love of Christ to b ring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these photos of you are fabulous, and I love the outfit styling tips you give that go with the fab outfit photos! Both of the statement necklaces and the earrings look very pretty, and so do the scarfs and hats. Your smile is gorgeous and so is the floral print dress you styled with your smile!

    I do struggle a bit with outfit planning. I am very neurotic about pairing complementary contrasting outfit pieces together, and if one of the outfit pieces is a print, I'll generally look for a solid colour outfit piece that contrasts with most of the colours in the print. Sometimes that can be difficult.

    You styled your outfits beautifully,. They all look pretty and you look pretty in all of them.

    P.S.: Do you remember me struggling with what to put into or leave out of my next outfit post? I took your advice but still managed to use the photos -
    and I just published my first blog post in over a year!!!: http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2017/10/lingerie-review-of-full-brief-panties.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get the best Wardrobe Accessories India.
    Visit at: http://www.cervettiitalia.com/Wadrobe-Accessories.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits