What would Jane Austen Characters wear today?"

Hey Lovelies! As some of you may have guessed, I'm kinda a book nerd (okay I'm a HUGE book nerd) and one of my favorite authors is Jane Austen. I adore Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books of all time. I love these characters so much that I got to thinking "What would these women wear today?" So, I broke out the old Polyvore account (Flymetothemoon) and decided to create my own outfit for I think these character's would be wearing in 2016. I'll be starting first with Jane Austen most recognized novel Pride and Prejudice.

Elizabeth Bennet 



















Okay, Lizzie Bennet is a straight up English major. There is no if, ands. or buts about, if Lizzie Bennet was around in 2016 she would totes be hanging out in the English lounge, reading her Lit homework and shhh other people who are talking to loud. I feel like Elizabeth is an easy going girl when it comes to style and doesn't like to fuss. Skinny jeans, converse, and a cofy cardigan is all a girl needs. Don't forget about the witty book-related tote and tank top.  The tank top says "A cup of tea and a good book" and the tote says "I like big books and I cannot lie". If that doesn't say Elizabeth Bennet then I don't know what does.

Jane Bennet 



















When I think of Jane Bennet, I think for flowers and pinks and just sweet things in general, because lets face it, Jane is the cinnamon bun in P&P, too sweet to pure. So she would totally dress up in pretty flower dress from mod-cloth, where kitten heels and wear her heart on her sleeve (or in this case, her neck). Because, after all, Jane is a total sweetie in this sweetheart look.

Lydia Bennet 


















Oh Lydia, oh dear, crazy-ass Lydia. I swear all through out the book I just wanted to shake her and have her snap out of her crazy teen brain. Ugh. In P&P, Lydia would totally wear leopard print, her personality screams the stereotypically use of leopard print. Flirting with ALL of the solider, running away with George Wickham, her sister one time suitor and major toolbag, and gloating about her elope me. Lydia is trouble, so the leather jacket and spike bag makes sense. Red for her seduction and lots and lots of leopard print because Lydia Bennet is always DTF.


















Ugh Caroline Bingley. Uggghhh. Caroline, why are you just the worst? For reals, just let the Bennet sister be happy and go crawl into a whole so you can never lay your eyes on Mr. Darcy again! Caroline Bingley is a country-club ho. When she dresses all poss and asks real sweet until she tries ruins your sister relationship and tries to get with your man. I also feel that Caroline would be a total label whore so I gave her Michael Korrs, Channel,  Christian Louboutins and lots of Tiffany's.

So I'm thinking of doing a series of these with different Jane Austen books (and other classics if people request them). What do you guys think? Do you agree with these look, or did you think they would wear something totally different? Let me know in the comments!

Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits