New Year Resolution!

Hey lovelies!Happy 2016! I actually had a really great 2015, I made some awesome friends, got published for the first time, spoke at a conference, joined the campus newspaper(getting an article published the first semester back), fell in and out of love a couple times, and and did a lot of great writing. And lets not forget one of the best things I did in 2015: Start this blog! I'm hoping that 2016 will be just as good!

For my first post of the new year, I decided to talk about my new year resolutions. I normally never do New Year resolutions because I kinda think they're silly and they put unrealistic expectations on you. Like if you don't do it, it makes you feel like a failure and I don't need that kinda hassle in my life. For example, if I make the resolution to write everyday, I know I'm not going to achieve it because, although I love writing, I'm not going to every single day for 365 days. I'm in college, there are going to be days where all I want to do is marathon watch "The Real Housewives" series and eat cheese puffs, and I will not apologize for that.  Same with any other huge resolutions. If I know I'm not going to do it, why bother?

However, after talking to Kevin, I decided to give new year resolutions another shot. Only this time, I decided not to make these huge resolutions that I'm never going to keep, and decide to make small, fun ones that I would like to do, but my heart won't be completely broken if I don''t do. Plus, a lot of these are things I can do in the last two weeks of December in case I forget about these the rest of the year (see, smart).

Anyway, without further adieu, I give you my....
Things I Want to Accomplish in 2016

  • Own a flannel shirt (I actually don't own a real flannel and, with the amount of hipsters I've dated, I should probably own one. Okay, you've all seen my typewriter, I'm a hipster too; buying a flannel is just my final form.)
  • Read 3 Kurt Vonnegut novels (so far I've only read Slaughterhouse-Five and some short stories. This has got to change)
  • Post on the blog at LEAST three times a month (just barely reaching the bar over here)
  • Read 3 Non-fiction books (I should probably read more since I'm applying to Grad schools with a duel concentration is Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction.)
  • Write three things that I actually like (the dreams of a writer)
  • Start and finish 3 TV shows (I'm actually terrible at mathron watching TV series on like Netflix and stuff. I don't know if it's because I'm too busy or what, but I'm going to do it.)
  • Own a 1950's style dress (I NEED IT) 
  • Use my typewriter more (because I'm hipster) 
  • Have 3 successes that are adequate or higher (I know, dreaming big here) 
  • Finish my novel. (Okay, I know this seems like a big goal but I only have like seven chapters left and I just want to finish the damn thing)
So there you have it Lovelies, my goals for this year. I'll keep you updated on my progress with each goal. Tell me what you think of them in comment section below or tell me your own resolutions, I love to hear them!

Stay Stylin'
Elle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Sunglasses and Swimsuit Pairings

Fashion History Lesson: Chokers

My Top 24 Outfits